About the OptiMizer®
Peace of mind … hay is always available
The OptiMizer holds two small (two string) square bales of hay. The bales can each be up to 42″ long and 16″ tall. It can also hold up to 150 pounds of flakes of hay from 3 string bales, large squares or round bales.
The manger is made of the same polymer used to make playground equipment (LLDPE). All the corners are rounded or bevelled for safety. Drainage holes on the bottom prevent hay wastage due to prolonged soaking.
Slow feed netting is a thick, knotless weave, specified for equine use and proven to be durable yet gentle for feeding horses. Standard netting hole size is 1.6”, as measured at the open edges. The netting is mounted on an assembly made from stainless steel with a unique slide arm that quickly positions the net over the hay.
Sold Out of 2021 Stock!
Temporarily Sold Out.
We are blown away by the support we have received in 2021 for the Hay Optimizer!
Thank you for your interest and we want to get one in your hands as soon as possible but right now we are sold out! We are currently waiting on our next shipment to make them available to you.
BUT, that doesn’t mean you can’t get your hands on one really soon! We are expecting a shipment of new Hay Optimizer slow feeders in very early 2022. To be the first to get your hands on one, get your place in line by sending us your email in the form below and we will notify you as soon as they are available.
Add Yourself To Re-Stock Notifications
We will never sell this information or add you to any sort of mailing list through what you enter on this form.
- The OptiMizer is delivered fully assembled. Hand holds on the front and back make it easy to move around the paddock by hand.
- Smooth, one handed operation of the slide arm quickly opens and closes the feeder.
- All corners are rounded with 1″ diameters, making a smooth and safe surface if rubbed against.
- Slow feed netting hangs inside the feeder and conforms over the hay from the top to the bottom of the feeder.
- The tiniest bits are the tastiest. With an OptiMizer, these delicate leaves aren’t lost to the ground but remain within the manger.
- Ensure drainage on any terrain with 13 holes distributed around the base of the OptiMizer.
Horses quickly learn how to eat hay from the OptiMizer. It mimics natural grazing. The horses eat slowly. They have their heads down in a natural position. They select, nibble, and chew their hay—just like they would be eating in the pasture. They’re so content when they’re eating together.
Owner & Innovator
- The standard colour is sandstone. Custom colours are available (4-6 weeks turnaround, premium dependent on colour
choice and quantity ordered in custom colour).
- 1.6″ knotless durable slow feed netting that has been specified for equine use.
- Stainless steel hay net assembly provides a rust-free environment.
- 13 drainage holes help prevent hay spoilage due to prolonged soaking.
- Length and Width: 4′ by 4′
- Height: 34″ (or, for minis and ponies, height can be adjusted to 22″ by removing the legs)
- Weight: Approximately 100 pounds when empty
- Net Size: Large enough to drape into the manger as all the hay is consumed. Net openings are 1.6″ as measured on the square.
- Hay is always available.
- Eating is slow and relaxed.
- Their heads are down in a natural position.
- A safe herd environment is created.
And for you…
- Easy and fast to refill (done in under a minute).
- Hay consumption is regulated.
- Hay isn’t soiled or wasted.
- Peace of mind—hay is always available.
Eager to add OptiMizers to your paddocks?
So nice, we bought it twice! The Optimizer slow feeder. With the money that we saved on our first purchase, we purchased a second feeder a year later, we monitored the wasted hay from ground feeding, hay huts and the Optimizer. Hands down the Optimizer saved us money compared to the other two hay feed methods.
Very little wasted hay on the ground, to be slept, peed, and pooped on! Or pushed into the mud. I would highly recommend this feeder, especially with the new and improved slow feed net. This feeder keeps horses busy slow feeding, all maintain healthy weight and condition on the slow feeder and the feeder is easy to move if needed.
If you are looking for a safe and reliable hay feeding solution, that will save you money, The Optimizer is the one for you.
– Tracey G, Serenity Stables
My horse is a 17 year old, off-the-track thoroughbred who lives outside all year. She's a hard keeper, but by getting her the right amount of hay, whenever she wanted it, it was the first winter she didn't need an extra blanket or grain.
– Laura T.
We use 3 OptiMizers for our herd of 8 horses. We fill them about once a day, even on the worst days, and have found ourselves going through a lot less hay. I'm confident our OptiMizers will pay for themselves in the amount of money we've saved in otherwise ruined hay.
– Heather M.
I've always had slow feed bags. I needed five or six a day to feed three horses. Last winter with the OptiMizer I could slow feed two bales in one place. This saved me a ton of time not having to refill bags everyday, plus I noticed it was way cleaner in the spring.
– Amanda M.